TO SIR, WITH LOVE - BE TRANSPORTED BACK TO THE 1940'S
With a show that's packed with songs and dance of the era and 1940's inspired vintage fair!
The critically acclaimed production of TO SIR, WITH LOVE opens at the Alhambra Theatre tonight and runs until Saturday 9 November. Made into a major film in 1967 starring Sidney Poitier and featuring a song made famous by Lulu, this new stage adaptation by Ayub Khan-Din (East is East) is peppered with the songs and dance of the late 40's; a time of austerity like our own where love and hope win through against all the odds.
This inspiring tale of courage and hope will transport the audience back to the 1940's when the original story was set. On Saturday 9 November Bradford Theatres will host a vintage fair at The Alhambra Theatre in celebration of the 1940's. The event is FREE and open to all from 12noon - 5pm.
A selection of stallholders provided by Rose & Brown Vintage will be selling vintage fashion and homewares, featuring some fabulous 1940's pieces, including hats, bags, cufflinks and kitchenalia.
Bradford College students will be doing hair and make-up demonstrations of the post war look; hair in pin curls and the victory roll, lots of red lipstick and minimal eye make-up. We will be looking for willing volunteers!
There will be Lindy-hop dancing, demonstrated by Swinging Sue's Dancing School and you can enjoy a range of sandwiches and cakes with a 1940's twist.
Please call the Box Office on 01274 432000 or visit bradford-theatres.co.uk for more information.
- ENDS -
Other articles you may be interested in...
- CELEBRATING 100 GLORIOUS YEARS OF ALHAMBRA ENTERTAINMENT - 10/03/2014
- DINOSAUR ZOO COMES TO BRADFORD - 05/03/2014
- Paul Hollywood Announces 2014 Bradford Date - 12/02/2014
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - On Sale... - 06/02/2014
- BARNUM STARRING BRIAN CONLEY AS 'P T BARNUM' - 04/02/2014
- Casting call for canine Opera star - 31/01/2014
- Local Clifton and Lightcliffe Brass Band perform in BRASSED... - 28/01/2014
- Casting for Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake Revealed - 27/01/2014
- ALHAMBRA THEATRE IN BRADFORD CELEBRATES 100 GLORIOUS YEARS - 22/01/2014
- Maureen Nolan Stars in Blood Brothers - 21/01/2014
Read the Reviews
WOW! Money well spent and I would definately pay to see it again!! I took my nieces for their...
Posted by Robert Thewlis. 03 Jan 2011
Well, what can I say Robin Hood was A-MA-ZING! Out of all the panto's Billy has done this has been...
Posted by Daniel Fotheringham. 30 Dec 2011
Looking back over 100 years of entertainment at the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford, there...
Direct from the West End, Erth’s DINOSAUR ZOO is stopping off at St George’s...
Further to the high demand for tickets to see Paul Hollywood in his first live tour - Get Your Bake...
JOOLS HOLLAND RETURNS FOR 2014 AUTUMN / WINTER TOUR MARC ALMOND TO JOIN THE BOOGIE-WOOGIE...