Over 100,000 tickets have already been sold through the promotion, made possible by £1m of National Lottery subsidy. Due to huge demand, an additional 50,000 2-for-1 tickets have been made available for April performances - with thousands of tickets still available for March at theatres UK-wide.
Bradford Theatres joins venues nationwide, from Bristol and Birmingham to Newcastle and Nottingham, participating in Love Your Local Theatre as a thank you for the £30 million National Lottery players raise every week for Good Causes, including support for the performing arts and theatres during the pandemic.
Thousands of people have already booked and seen shows at their local theatre as part of this promotion in March. By extending Love Your Local Theatre into April, UK Theatre and the National Lottery want to give even more people the chance to experience the magic of live entertainment for less this spring. And thanks to support from the National Lottery, there's still up to £1 million available to subsidise 2-for-1 tickets in this promotion.
Shows available through Love Your Local Theatre at Bradford Theatres’ venues:
- Northern Ballet’s Pinocchio at St George’s Hall: 28 March
- Barbara Dickson at St George’s Hall: 2 April
- Some Enchanted Evening with Sir Willard White at King’s Hall: 3 April
- European Union Chamber Orchestra at St George’s Hall: 8 April
- English Youth Ballet at St George’s Hall: 22/23 April
- Two Mr Ps in a Podcast at King’s Hall: 28 April
- Milkshake at St George’s Hall: 30 April